cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Embedded vs link .pvz in creo illustrate

jlapointe
1-Newbie

Embedded vs link .pvz in creo illustrate

In Creo Illustrate there is 2 ways to import a .pvz in a .c3di file: by a link or by embedded means.

Embedded allow to put .pvz without the hassle of linking consequences.

There is a problem when the link method is used, when somebody move the file in a different folder, the links are lost and images in the figures are disappearing. Is there a method to relink everything without redoing the imagery work?

For the embeded solution, is it possible to change for a link solution without redoing the imagery work? I mean I have a .c3di with embeded .pvz that i want to change from embedde solution to linked solution.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Joel,

Once you have imported the PVZ file, via the embedded option, it is not possible to change it to link.  There is no option available in the Edit Structure > Content, except Delete.

illustrate_embed.jpg

If you import the PVZ via the link option, and the link is broken, you can Unlink or Repair Link.

illustrate_link.jpg

Thanks,

Amit

Hi Amit,

Sometime, when I tried to use ''Repair Link ‘‘, it is not active (grey ) like in your photo, and I not figured out why ?

Thanks

Laurentiu

Top Tags