cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Enhancement Requests for Technical Committees (Spreadsheet)

BrianMartin
11-Garnet

Enhancement Requests for Technical Committees (Spreadsheet)

This is the current spreadsheet of enhancement requests submitted by PTC Community users for submission to the PTC/User Technical Committees. The intent is to update this form with new requests and to track existing requests at 6-month intervals.

The document will be updated at minimum after each January and June TC meeting.

Links back to this document will be placed on all discussion threads referencing the Technical Committee meetings so everyone can check the status of their requests.

Thanks!

-Brian

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Thanks for uploading Brian, great way to show the community what the product teams are working on.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:BrianMartin)

Brian, can you incorporate the enhancement below into the document? 

Short description - Publish Simplified reps where sub-assembly contains a user defined substituted simplified rep.  I uploaded a presentation that includes a video showing the issue to the TC Project area if you need more information.   

Hi Brian,

My request is related to large assembly performance in Creo Parametric and View while connected to Windchill.

Short Term - The Windchill publisher needs added capability to publish simplified reps where substitute rule was used. In Creo View, the output of Simplified Reps from the publisher are called Viewables.

Long Term - Improved Integration of the "Viewables" into the lightweight graphics rep in Parametric. Imagine being able to load a Viewable in Parametric that loads only PVZ/.ol files into session.

Note: CV2 M040 build has intelligence to only load into session what is associated with the Viewable. Basically, what WF2 did with Intralink which gave simplified reps intelligence to call for required objects from server without making the user add required dependents prior to opening assembly. Example: I have a simplified rep in a million object assembly published as a Viewable that loads in Creo View in 20 seconds to show all a-surfaces of vehicle. Same Simplified rep opens in 24 minutes in WF5.

Brian,

I have really hard time dealing with exporting drawings from Creo to DWG/DXF format. See here: http://communities.ptc.com/message/233443#233443

I cannot believe what hoops I have to make to achieve what I need just because PTC missed one simple thing, like dxf_export.pro file settings. Why this file exist in first place, if when "intf_out_layer" is set to "part_layer", Creo decides to export layers with its own settings?!? What map_layer is good for?

I tried to set "part_layer" to "none" and make new layers in Creo drawing mode, but some of the entities, like solid and hidden lines, were not able to be selected or filtered.

Everything would have been just fine if PTC did not decide to place part_number in front of given map_layer value for "intf_out_layer" "part_layer".

thanks Brian!

Brian,

I have some items to add to the enhancements list. First of all, thanks for making this spreadsheet available. The multi-hole option is a must as well as the change patterned hole to ththreaded hole without deleting pattern. That should be a general rule, be able to change the pattern without creating a new one. Flyout menus need to resize based on the content of the window. If I can't see all the information, how am I supposed to know what I'm choosing (Reinhard Nueckle's suggestion).

Now for my suggestions:

1. Change the default rule for thread depth when creating threaded holes. Currently, it is thread_depth=drill_depth/depth_ratio. It should be changed to something like drill_depth=thread_depth*percent_thread or something like that, where the percent thread is a parameter that can be adjusted for each size hole.
    1. Or, revamp the whole hole creation tab to have more options. It should default to the size, depth, etc. of what we need based on a few different criteria. For some ideas, look at SolidWorks and see all the options there are with the Hole Wizard.
  2. Change the mirror option so features and items can be added to the mirror without needing to delete and recreate. Just edit definition and add or remove items.

Hi Brian,

I have searched for requesting an enhancement, but wen I did think I found it, it says I can not make changes.

Maybe you can help me to get this submitted.

I have come across another situation where my model fails when converting from metric to inch or inch to metric.  The problem is when my model has a relation in it, those dimensions do not convert.  This needs to be fixed, hopefully in your next release.  Please let me know if this will be fixed.

Regards,

Joe Ordo

You can change the relations to be unit aware. See Summary: Unit Driven Parameters

Top Tags