cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Equality Symbol Troubles

lkerila
1-Newbie

Equality Symbol Troubles

Hello folks,

Happy new years.

Say, I found I could add a less/greater than or equal symbol to my drawing by holding the ALT key and typing the ASCII code # 242 or 243. Great! Why isn't this in the Pro/E symbol palette?

Now for the bummer: when I create a PDF file (straight from Pro) it DOESN'T PRINT the symbol! WTF?

Any solutions, other than creating my own custom symbol?

Cheers,

-Lar

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
bkurth
7-Bedrock
(To:lkerila)

Lar,

Here is a way to get the symbols in your notes or dimensions:

<u>Tip: To Make a ≥ or ≤ Symbol Within a Note:
</u>

Format note as follows:

@#>@# OR @#<@#

Now change the font of character '>' or '<', select the note and move the pointer over the character '>' or '<'. Select the character '>' or '<' and right click on it. Select Text Style, change the font to 'Cal_grek'

Hope this helps...Brian

In Reply to Lar Kerila:

Hello folks,

Happy new years.

Say, I found I could add a less/greater than or equal symbol to my drawing by holding the ALT key and typing the ASCII code # 242 or 243. Great! Why isn't this in the Pro/E symbol palette?

Now for the bummer: when I create a PDF file (straight from Pro) it DOESN'T PRINT the symbol! WTF?

Any solutions, other than creating my own custom symbol?

Cheers,

-Lar
Top Tags