cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Erase and Delete for Shown dimensions in drawing?? WF5

BrianMatteucci
1-Newbie

Erase and Delete for Shown dimensions in drawing?? WF5

Help!

We are using WF5 for the first time, upgrading from WF3

Right clicking on a SHOWN dimension on our drawings, we have BOTH a "ERASE" and "DELETE" option avaliable. I would expect to see only an "ERASE" for a shown dimension.

When you select "DELETE", you can then reshow the dimension through the show model annotations dialog box.

When you select "ERASE", the shown dimension goes away... and you can't get it back. The dimension is still in the model, but you can't do anything to reshow it in the drawing.

We've only attempted the WF5 install on two of our machines, and both of them are doing this. We've tried both M040 and M050.

What are we missing here?

The WF5 help makes it sound like the ERASE and DELETE behavior should be the same as it was in WF3.

-Brian Matteucci

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

I'm not actually using WF5 so I can't say for sure but my uderstanding is there should be a drawing view section of the interface that lists the elements of the drawing. There should be a category called annotations that list the dimensions. If it has been erased it should show as greyed out, select the dimension, and then right click>Unerase. However I have been told by some that it doesn't seem to work or doesn't always work.

I believe if you erase a shown dimension,

1. you must go into the drawing tree while in annotation context.

2. expand the annotations node for the view it was attached to

3. selected the hidden dimension and delete or unerase

Joe

That seems to work. I had not run accross that yet. Good to know, Now, I will be able to answer that question when it comes up.

Thanks

unerase.jpg

Thanks for the help! This certainly answered our question.

-Brian

When we select "DELETE", we can't then reshow the dimension through the show model annotations dialog box. Is this a bug or I missing something?

What type of dimension is it?

Top Tags