cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Unable to launch Pro/ENGINEER...

ptc-2237216
1-Newbie

Error: Unable to launch Pro/ENGINEER...

I'm getting this error code after installing Pro/E 3.0 "Error: Unable to launch Pro/ENGINEER because no valid configuration (*.psf) files were found...." I can't figure out how to create the PTC Startup File which is need to launch Pro/E successfully. I've launched th ptcsetup.bin file but this just walks me through installing Pro/E again... Can anyone give me a step by step? What am I missing... does it have to do with the License file? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hello there Marshall. it seems to be that either your license file is somehow missing or not longer valid. It is possible for pro/e to loose the license path. In that case you'd need to run ptcsetup at bin folder, but you need to run the flex license setup, not pro/e. In that setup you should be prompted for a license file, so browse again for your file and re-install the flexnet, and your license configuration (meaning if you have different set up for starting pro/e, like basic, full, some modules out, etc). That should do it. If that doesn't work you may need urgent ptc support in order to obtain a new license file... Not sure about this one, but could be an option, but if your maintenance is out of date, they will surely not be much help. Hope you fix it up

When I run the ptcsetup at the bin folder it doesn't give me the option to just install the License Server. It is asking to install Pro/e again and it says No FlexNET license server or Lic. file to list and than you click ADD. Than it says it can't find one running and you click ok and something shows up in the box (in my case it says 7788@server1) Than you procede to install Pro/e. I've tried to reinstall the FlexNet lic. server finding the lic. file etc. but that still doesn't work either... What do I do now? Any other ideas? Steps i'm missing?

I have been able to fix this problem. Apparently the OLD Felx License server was not being wiped out when the new one was being installed. I had to uninstall the old Lic. Server and re-install the new one. After doing so, I found that I had to reinstall Pro/E so it could see the new lic. All is working well now.

How to uninstall the old Felix License server. And how should I change it? In which folder can I find the server and should I change the directory for it?

Announcements