cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Exclude "Included" Models from Repeat Region

BrettL.
11-Garnet

Exclude "Included" Models from Repeat Region

All,

I have done a bit of searching but have not found an answer.  Aside from a manual operation to exclude an item from a 2D repeat region, is there a filter that can be applied to a repeat BOM region that excludes a model that is set as "include" in the assembly?

blucus_0-1709563458228.png

Thanks
Brett

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BrettL.)

It may help if you give an example of what you are trying to do.

You can filter by rule.

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r10.0/usascii/index.html#page/detail/About_Using_Wildcard_and_Backslash_Characters_in.html#

@BrettL. wrote:

All,

I have done a bit of searching but have not found an answer.  Aside from a manual operation to exclude an item from a 2D repeat region, is there a filter that can be applied to a repeat BOM region that excludes a model that is set as "include" in the assembly?

blucus_0-1709563458228.png

Thanks
Brett

Hi,

add following filter

&asm.mbr.name != part-2

I am almost sure that Included components cannot be filtered other way.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin
I understand I can add the filter above as above but what I was looking for is a way to add the filter by the type as "included" since our engineers tend to add the ID master models to their assemblies that were created as non-skeletons subtypes which show up in our BOMS on the drawings.

Thanks
Brett

I don't think this is an out-of-the box functionality.

and so I think you have to develop a business rule and have the members of your organization follow it.

Tell your engineers to add a component level parameter to the included components and then filter out based on the value of that parameter.

For example:

The engineer assigns a string-type parameter "INBOM" and sets it to "NO" for those assembly components that should not be in the drawing BOM.

pausob_0-1709577533756.png

Then in the drawing, the filter is added to the repeat region table:

&asm.mbr.cparam.INBOM != NO

Top Tags