cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Exploded Views - Subassembly

ThoRig
12-Amethyst

Exploded Views - Subassembly

Community,

I have an assembly that has a sub-assembly.  I would like to move the entire sub-assembly (keep all the components together) from the main assembly, all within the exploded view environment. When I try to merge components, I get two colors, and I do not want that.  Can this be done?  Thanks in advance.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ThoRig
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

Edit Position>Translate>LMB Subassembly>RMB Pick List>LMB Subassembly.

That works.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:ThoRig)

To move a subassembly in explode either select the subassembly from the model tree or use query select (right-click) to select it from the graphics window.  If this is not a true subassembly, but a group of parts, you can either hold Ctrl and select all of the parts and move together or move one and copy its position to the rest.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
ThoRig
12-Amethyst

It is a true subassembly.  I tried selecting it in the model tree, but nothing happened.  I will try it again this morning.  I know that I can use copy geometry (surfaces) and merge all the surfaces, but I was trying to find a quicker way.  Thanks.

ThoRig
12-Amethyst

I do not know if this is possible, because when you move the cursor over the Edit Position icon, the definition comes up as, " Edit Position - Edit the position of exploded components".  Notice the word "components".  You can always move components, but you cannot move an entire subassembly from the assembly.  If you can, I would like to know.  I will contact eSupport to see if this is possible, but currently, I do not think you can.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:ThoRig)

There is no need to merge components.  Subassemblies can be moved as a unit.  the subassembly is a component to the assembly.

In the explode tool you can select the subassembly by "Select from list", query select, or from the tree then use the arrows to move the subassembly.  You can also select multiple parts and subassemblies to move.

Selecting from list:

move3.jpg

Selecting one component:

move1.jpg

Sub assembly selected by query (one right click followed by left click)

move2.jpg

There is always more to learn in Creo.
ThoRig
12-Amethyst

Edit Position>Translate>LMB Subassembly>RMB Pick List>LMB Subassembly.

That works.  Thanks.

Top Tags