cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Export SolidWorks to Creo

prebelo
1-Newbie

Export SolidWorks to Creo

Hello.

I have some files in SolidWorks extension which I want to import with Creo.

When I save PRT in solidworks, I open the file the Creo, and it doesn't ask me for any template and the accuracy is auto-set to 0.0012. With this option the solid is closed but I can't copy and paste all the surfaces to create a quilt.

When I export STEP in solidworks the solid has many opened surfaces.

What is the best way to do this??

Thanks in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Sir,

When I import the .sldprt file, shoud I use external accuracy?

Normally I use a template to import, and I pick the internal accuracy and closed volume option. Shoud I do this?

Should I export in solidworks on a different extension?

Thanks

Any help?

Thanks

I can't upload. Customer said to me.

But this happens to me with several files.

What is the best way to save and load the drawing in SolidWorks to Creo?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:prebelo)

We sometimes have issues with step files. Have you tried IGES or parasolids (.x_t), surfaces or solid models.

have also sometimes had better luck when I export a surface model (not solid) then import and solidify. Occasionally it helps.

Top Tags