cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Export measurements from family table models

awinkler
4-Participant

Export measurements from family table models

Dear Community,

Maybe anyone can help me:

I created a family table in CREO 2.0 of a skeleton model with many hundreds of instances and in the generic model i did some measurements.

Now i would like to export the measurement-values in a .txt-file or a .xls-file for every single model of the family table.

Is there a possibility to do this with PRO/PROGRAM, TOOLKIT-API or even without any programming ?

Thanks a lot,

Andy

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

if you are able to create analysis feature in your generic model and define parameter representing measurement result inside this analysis feature, then you can:

• add the above mentioned parameter into family table (temporarily)
  • verify family table instances
  • open family table in Excel and save it

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

if you are able to create analysis feature in your generic model and define parameter representing measurement result inside this analysis feature, then you can:

• add the above mentioned parameter into family table (temporarily)
  • verify family table instances
  • open family table in Excel and save it

MH

Martin Hanák
awinkler
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you, that works fine !

It's probable you can create a Repeat region on a drawing to show the values of those measurements, just like any other value associated with a feature. You'll need a 2-D region to expand the family table instances.

After that you can Save the table as CSV (you will have to manually delete the numeric suffix Creo adds if you want to open it in Excel)

Top Tags