cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Exportation from WildFire 4 to WildFire 3

ptc-1231814
1-Newbie

Exportation from WildFire 4 to WildFire 3

Is there a way to export parts and assemblies from WildFire 4 to WildFire 3 ? Some of my colleagues are still working with an older version than mine.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Julien There has been many posts on this forum related to this topic of backwards compatibility, but there are only two ways to share files. 1. Use the Granite module, but the older versions of Pro-E will not be able to modify the features created in the newer version. You can only add to the model or view it. 2. Saveas a neutral file or step model. You will lose the entire model history tree, but at least you can use the solids. Regards Eric

Hi Eric, I've downloaded GRANITE from the PTC website, but I only got a dll file: readnewmodels.dll No info at all on way to use this. Could you help me out? Thanks!
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:JoseVidal)

On the page where you get the GCRI download look under the Additional Resources link on the right side of the page. There is a pdf document that explains how to set it up.

"Kevin Demarco" wrote:

On the page where you get the GCRI download look under the Additional Resources link on the right side of the page. There is a pdf document that explains how to set it up.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:JoseVidal)

Sorry about that, its on the index page for GCRI. Here's the link: http://www.ptc.com/products/granite/gcri/index.htm If you can't get to it here are the steps from the documents. STEP 1 Get the latest release readnewermodels.dll application component and place this application component in your earlier release loadpoint (i.e. <loadpoint>/i486_nt/obj/readnewermodels.dll). STEP 2 Add the following configuration options to your earlier release config.pro BEFORE launching the earlier release of Pro/ENGINEER. topobus_enable yes atb_auto_check_on_update off atb_show_log off atb_auto_check_on_retrieve on STEP 3 Add the config option “cri_grafting_enable yes� to your later release config.pro BEFORE launching the later release of Pro/ENGINEER. STEP 4 Start your earlier release of Pro/ENGINEER and check to see that you have the menu: File > Associative_Topology_Bus STEP 5 When you try and open a file from a later release you should get a message stating something like: The file was created in Pro/E {version}. Would you like to open as a granite model?

Hi Kevin, I've followed the steps you've indicated but I am still not able to open a WF5 file on WF4. I've confirmed the procedure on the PTC documentation and it seems correct. However, I'm still getting a message saying "Model cannot be retrieved" on WF4. I have saved a copy of the WF5 file after adding the config options and it still doesn't work. Maybe GRANITE is not ready for WF5? Thanks! Best regards! JVidal

Julien,

Not sure if you found your answer, but if not, you can always save out as a .neu file, it is supposed to work up and down to any version level, althought just like all imports, three is no feature history

Brian

Top Tags