cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Extend symbols in dimension text

ML_2678909
4-Participant

Extend symbols in dimension text

I would like to add the symbols GX, LP etc. in the symbols of the dimension text, as they are not present. Where do I get these symbols according to ISO GPS and how can I make them available in Creo 4?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ML_2678909  

Please note that the symbol_font detail option is applicable only to annotations that are owned by the object in which you have updated the detail option (drawing/model)

E.g. if you have a drawing with a shown dimension (owner is the model) then it would not be enough to update the symbol_font of the drawing, but also in the owner model of that dimension. Drawing owned annotations would use the symbol_font of the drawing...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @ML_2678909 ,

This is already supported in Creo. all you would need to do is to update the following model/detail option via the File-->Prepare-->Model/Drawing properties--->Detail options UI.

After updating the "symbol_font" detail option to any value other than "legacy", you will get the extended text symbols pallet:

Mfridman_0-1687330135361.png

ML_2678909
4-Participant
(To:Mfridman)

Thanks @Mfridman for the tip. I can adjust the detail option as described, but unfortunately I don't get any additional symbols. Are there any other settings that I need to consider?

Hi @ML_2678909  

Please note that the symbol_font detail option is applicable only to annotations that are owned by the object in which you have updated the detail option (drawing/model)

E.g. if you have a drawing with a shown dimension (owner is the model) then it would not be enough to update the symbol_font of the drawing, but also in the owner model of that dimension. Drawing owned annotations would use the symbol_font of the drawing...

ML_2678909
4-Participant

perfect thanks! 

MS_10091628
4-Participant

Are there any circumstances where two created dimensions of the drawing would behave differently?  I have a dimension that is created for a feature where I can see the extended symbol gallery, creating a new dimension on the same feature and cannot see the extended symbols.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MS_10091628)

Read through this thread carefully.

If the dimension showing the extended symbol is coming from the model, but your added dimension is in the drawing, or the reverse, that would explain it.

Top Tags