cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Extruding a curved face - Creo Parametric (Schools Edition)

Hao
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Extruding a curved face - Creo Parametric (Schools Edition)

Hi!, I'm really new to creo and i've been trying to model some basic real world items.

Currently, I've been trying to find a way to extrude a curved surface ON a curved surface (i.e http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_S57BC5oDY9s/SFyHztKA20I/AAAAAAAAAGc/2mIv53O6iI8/s1600/Joint+Push+Pull+03.jpg) (I know it isn't creo, but it illustrates what I want). Basically,

i'm trying to make extrudes off a curved surface(a drink can for example) AND i want these new extrudes to have the same curvature as the drink can.

thanks so much if anyone can help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:Hao)

What you want is Edit>Offset.

Select the surface that you want your extrusion to originate from and go to Edit>Offset. On the dashboard you'll see four types of offsets, choose Expand Feature. Next, click Options>Sketched Region>Define. Pick a plane & reference surface for sketching--many different orientations for a plane will work so you'll have to decide which is best for your purpose--finish the sketch and set the height/depth of your offset.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:Hao)

What you want is Edit>Offset.

Select the surface that you want your extrusion to originate from and go to Edit>Offset. On the dashboard you'll see four types of offsets, choose Expand Feature. Next, click Options>Sketched Region>Define. Pick a plane & reference surface for sketching--many different orientations for a plane will work so you'll have to decide which is best for your purpose--finish the sketch and set the height/depth of your offset.

Top Tags