cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Extruding revolved part; grapphically does not extrude

ycl538
3-Visitor

Extruding revolved part; grapphically does not extrude

c3.PNG

c1.PNG

  

Hi,

I am having difficulty trying extrude this piston head after part is drawn with revolve function.

basically when I extrude towards the centre, it wont graphically extrude but has this shaded area.

Please see the attachments

extrude works fine on basic parts drawn with extruded functions, 

the problem arises when part being drawn with revolve function then trying to extrude on it

how can I fix this problem?>

3 REPLIES 3
rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine
(To:ycl538)

Based on the light blue color of the piston I think what is happening is that the revolved feature is not creating a solid body. That color means that it is a surface quilt. Because of this when the extrude is directed into the piston it's not cutting it (solid extrude does not cut a surface model). Go into the Revolve feature Dashboard and see if you have the option to create a solid using the icon on the left.

clipboard_image_0.png 

Thanks for your quick feed back, it has worked out perfectly!

may I ask one more question,

I have changed some settings to stop  pop up as creo initiates,  using some online source, since then everytime I work on the model,

the tabs such as model, extrude or sketch hides/disppears that I need to go back and click on them everytime.

How do I fix this so the tab remains open until I click on other tabs?

also could you tell me how I can make settings to default installation settings?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ycl538)

Use this arrow to keep the tabs from hiding.

clipboard_image_0.png

To reset to default, use FILE - OPTIONS - WINDOWS SETTINGS there are some options for suppressed dialog boxes, dashboard panel postions and restore defaults

clipboard_image_1.png

Top Tags