cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

FIND THE WHERE USED OF AN INHERITANCE PART

ptc-416238
1-Newbie

FIND THE WHERE USED OF AN INHERITANCE PART

I have an inheritance part that I need to rename to our company standards. I need to know how to find out all the where used for it. A regular where used search doesn't work. Any ideas?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

If you're using IntraLink or PDMLink, you should be able to find the where used.

I have the same problem. We use Replacement Parts in our Bills of Materials. When I use Part "B" as a Substitute or Alternate Part, I cannot trace which Bills of Materials are then calling for Part "B".

From Part "B"s record, the "General, Where Used" shows no incidence of use.

Is there something that I am missing when I am calling this out as a Replacement Part?

Without Intralink or PDMLink it is not possible; Considering the part is used accross projects. However, you may try... Info --> Reference Viewer

Karen
1-Newbie
(To:s.iyer)

I am using PDMLink (according to our admin).

No matter what I try, I cannot get a list of which parts are using a Replacement Part (Alternate or Substitute).

Help???

Top Tags