cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Family Table Repeat Region Cell with Multiple Lines of Text Driven by Parameter(s)

danders238
13-Aquamarine

Family Table Repeat Region Cell with Multiple Lines of Text Driven by Parameter(s)

Hi Everyone,

I have a table where I'm showing the parameter values from a family table part.

I would like to have the address pulled from one or more parameters and populate a cell with multiple lines of text in a repeat region like the example in the image below.

danders238_0-1587503539364.png

Could someone explain how to set this up or point me to a document or URL with more info?

I have been playing with the repeat regions and filters and have had no luck getting the address cell to populate correctly.   I'm trying to used a separate parameter for each line of text.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Don Anderson

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:danders238)

If each line of text in that cell is a separate parameter, just create a multiline cell entry.

In the Properties box, use:

&asm.mbr.company_name

&asm.mbr.company.address

&asm.mbr.company.city

&asm.mbr.company_zip

danders238
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

I'm working on a family table part file.

Would there be a way to access the family table  parameters for the part instances directly like you described for the family table assembly below?

That's what I haven't been able to figure out and I don't have access to my Pro/e 10 books to look it up.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Don Anderson

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Put the parameters in the family table generic file so they get copied t all instances. If you have multiple vendor's parts in a family table, add those parameters to the family table and populate as needed.

danders238
13-Aquamarine

Hi Ben,

How do you call the values of the parameters that are all ready in the family table directly to a cell in a simple repeat region?
I have one solution which involves multiple simple repeat regions in one simple repeat region with separate filters applied to the nested repeat regions.

Would like to simplify it to just have one repeat region and calling out each parameter on a separate line in one table cell.
Thanks,

Don Anderson

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Annotation 2020-04-22 105330.png

Can you add the multiple lines in the address cell like I did with the Description?

danders238
13-Aquamarine

Hi Ben,

For an assembly I understand that. I'm not working with an assembly.

I'm working on a drawing for a part file that has a family table in it.

What's the format for pulling out parameter values in a part family table instance for a particular parameter without using a repeat region filter?
fam.inst.param.???????

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I tried that and it doesn't work.

Because the family table instances all populate from the 2D region, I'm not even sure how to limit the display grid on the drawing to just those parameters you want to see.

Top Tags