cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Family Table stall in Creo 6.0.2.0

rsoukup
13-Aquamarine

Family Table stall in Creo 6.0.2.0

We recently deployed Creo 6.0.2.0 to our organization, and we have had a few users that have complained about a stall when the family table opens on the first part or assembly to be used in that Creo session.  Basically, the users will click on the Tools, Family Table to open it, and it stalls for 10-15 seconds before allowing functionality to start as normal.  This happens ONLY on the first time opening a family table in a Creo session, and all subsequent family table openings are fine.  Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or noticed it.  Our users find it very annoying.

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:rsoukup)

@rsoukup 

As it was reported by some of your users, you may try reviewing this on one of the machines. You may try:

1. Starting Creo without any configs/UI or custom settings.

2. If connected to Windchill, try standalone Creo session. 

rsoukup
13-Aquamarine
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

@Mahesh_Sharma 

Just for the sake of background information and our current state, all of our users are experiencing this same issue as all are connected to Windchill, and all users will use the came configuration file thoughout our organization.

So when I test this myself, with connection to Windchill and Config,pro in place, the time it takes to open the first family table to where it is ready to manipulate is roughly 12 seconds.

I next tried removing the Config.pro from Creo, and still remained connected to Windchill, and again, the time it took to open the first family table to be ready to manipulate was again around 12 seconds.

I next tried a session with the Config.pro in place, but removed the connection to Windchill, and the family table seems to open and is ready almost instantaneously, so it does appear that the Windchill connection is what causes this.  Hope this helps.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rsoukup)

What version of Windchill?

Are you on the latest CPS for Windchill that is required for Creo 6.0.2?

Top Tags