cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Family Tables and Combination States

NCL
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Family Tables and Combination States

When attempting to utilize combination states for MBD with parts that are within a family table, is it possible to allow each instance to have it's own annotations and combination states or do they have to share them? For example, right now  if I create combination state tabs for one instance, these tabs and associated annotations/geometries will be displayed for the generic part and all other instances as well. Can that be changed?

1 REPLY 1
Roy_Crerar
11-Garnet
(To:NCL)

HI There,

I've had a look at your issue. In most cases instances of family tables have a lot of similarities, hence the reason they would be created that way. There tend to be small differences that require only small changes to information such as notes.

You haven't given any examples to show a context to your question so it is difficult to know what you want to change between the instances.

So, I would say you cannot really take a whole note and change between FT members. Mostly I would add a parameter or dimension in the notation so each variant drives that part of the note. This can also be done for materials and mass properties.

If you give me more of a context then  I might be able to help you.

Top Tags