cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Family table instances scaled when moved to another PC

gchampoux
1-Newbie

Family table instances scaled when moved to another PC

We have just discoverred the strangest behavior I have ever seen in Pro/E.

One of our engineers burned some standard parts (with family tables) onto a CD and brought them into a room that is completely off of our main network. This room has its' own installation of Pro/E and Windchill.
When he opened one of these standard parts' instances, he noticed that the dimensions were all incorrect.
Upon investigation, he found that all dimesions of all family tables were scaled by 39.3698.
That number sounded familiar. And it was.
It's the scale from meters to inches.
We have never worked in meters. Everything is in inches only.
(Yeah, I know. We're still behind the times.)

Like I said, this is happening to all instances in the family table, but not the generic.
Models without a family table are not affected at all.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Creo Elelements Pro 5 M150 with Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:gchampoux)

What version of Pro/E was that Family table last saved in?
I think I remember that there was a patch for a family table bug a few years ago.

They were all last saved in WIldfire 3, Wildfire 5, or Creo Elements Pro 5 (which is really the same as WF5).
Although our standard parts have a long history/legacy from ealry releases of Pro/E, they are frequently updated, usually to add instance.

Gerry

In Reply to Ben Loosli:

What version of Pro/E was that Family table last saved in?
I think I remember that there was a patch for a family table bug a few years ago.

Thanks to all that replied.

Through your suggestions and some experimentation, we found that it had to do with the build code.

The receiving PC's (on the isolated network) all had M070 while the sending PC's had M120, M150, or M180.
After we upgraded the receiving PC's to M180, the problem went away.

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

In Reply to Gerry Champoux:

We have just discoverred the strangest behavior I have ever seen in Pro/E.

One of our engineers burned some standard parts (with family tables) onto a CD and brought them into a room that is completely off of our main network. This room has its' own installation of Pro/E and Windchill.
When he opened one of these standard parts' instances, he noticed that the dimensions were all incorrect.
Upon investigation, he found that all dimesions of all family tables were scaled by 39.3698.
That number sounded familiar. And it was.
It's the scale from meters to inches.
We have never worked in meters. Everything is in inches only.
(Yeah, I know. We're still behind the times.)

Like I said, this is happening to all instances in the family table, but not the generic.
Models without a family table are not affected at all.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Creo Elelements Pro 5 M150 with Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060

Top Tags