cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Features at Assembly Level with Assembly Level Visibility

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Features at Assembly Level with Assembly Level Visibility

All,

How can I create a protrusion, round, or chamfer on a component at the assembly level that has visibility ONLY at the assembly level? I have an array of parts that must be machined in their assembled state. In doing so, I need to add some break edges on some extremely complicated geometry. I have tried swept cuts, but I get INVALID GEOMETRY errors.

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
<u>neal@geometrixeng.c</u>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

This might sound like a case for Family Tables?

Doug Pogatetz
NGC

Doug,

I have handled most of the complexities of these parts in family table. I just need a couple of these items handled at the assembly level.

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
<u>neal@geometrixeng.c</u>

Any time I see the word "Family Table", my immediate inclination is
"Inheritance" part. Actually, in this case, it may actually be helpful
to use inheritance functionailty, especially if you are doing an
inseperable assembly. Just something you may want to try.

Top Tags