cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Feedback requested: What new subtypes would you like to be supported in ModelCHECK?

lwestbrook
16-Pearl

Feedback requested: What new subtypes would you like to be supported in ModelCHECK?

Hi all,

Currently, Creo ModelCHECK only supports checks for a few data types:

• Design Assemblies
  • Solid Parts
  • Sheetmetal parts
  • Drawings

This leaves many other subtypes (e.g. bulk parts, harness parts, interchange assemblies, mold layout assemblies, etc.) that are not able to be checked.

Can you please comment with the subtypes that would be most beneficial to you/your organization if ModelCHECK supported them?

Thanks!

Luke

8 REPLIES 8

Since the currently supported data types are the core of Creo, we would like PTC to invest their resources on improving these types that helps most of the members here.

There are plenty of enhancement requests on ModelCHECK, those if addressed would be much appreciated.

Iam sure other members would agree.

kpark-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:manjunathrv)

I would agree with this assessment as well.  There have been many enhancement requests submitted over the years for ModelCHECK but it has been quite some time since improvements to the functionality have been made.

@kpark-2  @manjunathrv 

Thank you for your feedback. While there have been enhancements made to ModelCHECK (See what's new in ModelCHECK for Creo 5.0 and Creo 6.0), we are continuing to make improvements based on customer input. I have recently received input from customers regarding a desire for more subtypes to be supported, and so wanted to poll the community to gauge how ubiquitous this desire is. Your feedback is very helpful in determining those priorities, so I thank you again.

Luke

In addition to the basic types, the following subtypes are frequently used in our case:

1. Manufacturing Assemblies
  2. Harness parts
  3. Interchange Assemblies (mainly substutional)

Thank you for your response! This is very helpful

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone
(To:lwestbrook)

bulk items and harness parts

For bulk parts, I would like the ability to be able to require that user pick from a of approved bulk parts. Most of the time the time they use to correct ones but sometimes they save a copy or make a duplicate bulk item and check that in.

Somewhat related... interchange assemblies can get checked for PARAMCHECK but interchange assemblies aren't able to use the Creo parameter editor for some reason. So users have to use the ModelCheck GUI to add parameters but are unable to easily edit the parameter later (unless the parameter is added to the model tree).

There is a related Community Idea for this. If you'd like to see additional subtypes supported in ModelCHECK, please be sure to upvote the idea, and leave a comment indicating which subtype(s) you'd be interested in seeing first.

Top Tags