cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Fill in Hollow Section of Design

unknown324
4-Participant

Fill in Hollow Section of Design

Hello, I am a student and new to PTC Creo parametric and design.

I have a part with four large holes around the center I would simply like to fill in. I have not been able to do that so far and any step by step instructions would be appreciated. Below is the part with the four gaps I want to fill in.

Screenshot (10).png

Thank you very much and I hope we can solve this problem!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Check attached video.

Activate Flexible Modeling > Select Side surface in cut area > Select Cut in Shape surface selecting > Remove

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Do you want to remove areas marked in image?

Fill.png

Check attached video.

Activate Flexible Modeling > Select Side surface in cut area > Select Cut in Shape surface selecting > Remove

Yes, those are the holes and thank you very much! Earlier I had been trying to work with datum planes but this is awesome!

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:unknown324)

Interesting.  Will that work for NON-planar cuts?  If not, it'd be simpler to add a single extrude feature.

Frank,

Do you have any example to check Non Planer cut? I think it will work however any example will help me to look in that.

Top Tags