cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Fill the Surface

aminhas
12-Amethyst

Fill the Surface

Hello,

any buddy guide me how to fill, merge & solidity attached surface file.

kind regard,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:aminhas)

If you think your question has been answered, please choose a answer as "Correct Answer"

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

There are severl ways. Do you need something like this?

Cattura.PNG

yes

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

There is no one click operation in Creo to do this. Since the curves are tangent, you can't use a boundary blend to close the open edge.

The usual process is to build some curves and then create boundary blends.

If you have the style module, then, you will have more tools available.

Another option starting in Creo 3 is the Freestyle tool. Take a look at the video.

Jose

aminhas
12-Amethyst
(To:Jose_Costa)

Hello Sir,

Thanks a million for help. Please see the attached file I will done but can't work on boundary blend just like you mention in video can you check where I am wrong?

Kind regards.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

I attached Creo 3 file.

Pay attention to the number of chains you select when creating a boundary blend, that´s the key.

Jose

aminhas
12-Amethyst

Sir,

I was send e-mail on your profile ID can we extend solid part if we want?

aminhas
12-Amethyst

Sir,

I am trying to tired but can't done please see the video link.

Kind regards,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=povNNRMXL4w&feature=youtu.be

It seems you have to do some tutorials...

Yes can you share yours video?

I mean you have to do BASIC tutorial. In your video you made mistake because you have to create a boundary blend with three curves. One of these has to be composed of two edges. Use SHIFT after selecting first edge.

Still same can't

See the result.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

If you watched my video, you can see that I selected 3 chains to create the boundary.blend.

In Creo hold Shift to append curves to current chain and Control to add a new chain.

So, step by step:

1 - Click on boundary blend button

2 - Select first edge                                                           (This is first chain)

3 - Hold Shift and select the adjacent edge                         (added edge to first chain)

Be careful in this step to not select all open edges, it may happen.

4 - Hold Control and select the curve                                    (Second chain)

5 - Hold Control and select another edge                              (Third Chain)                        

6 - Hold Shift and select last edge                                         (added edge to third chain)

7 - Press Ok

This is it...

Jose

aminhas
12-Amethyst

thanks a lot now i got the points

You can also try Style feature (if you have ISDX license): Surface tool -> turn on Options-> Trimmed Rectangle -> "Use for 3 or 4 boundaries".

This would create trimmed rectangle surface that are are looking for.

I'd recommend in your case to turn off default connections in Preferences dialog, to avoid automatic tangent connections which you don't need.

aminhas
12-Amethyst
(To:mshtein)

please see this file

Please see attached file with Style feature

aminhas
12-Amethyst
(To:mshtein)

i can't see the video

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

If you think your question has been answered, please choose a answer as "Correct Answer"

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

i think ISDX will also work just fine.

Top Tags