cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Filled Text?

Robert-Altman
7-Bedrock

Filled Text?

I have some text that represents laser marking on a part that need to be filled

1. Use Edge all entities of the text that I need to fill

2. RMB select "Hatch/Fill"

3. Accept default cross-section name (XSEC0004)

4. Select "Fill" --> Done

The text in the below image was completely filled in before saving the file but when it was reopened a lot of the fill was missing.

Does anyone know how to refresh the view or do differently?

Is there a better way to show filled text on the drawing? (would prefer to do it in the model so it would be represented in all views)

[cid:image002.png@01CE934C.3FD982A0]

Thanks in advance,

[Description: cid:012445618@15012007-1FE4]
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

In the model, check in the Cosmetic Sketch options. I know you can add x-hatching, but not sure about fill.

Thanks Don,

May have found a different method while in the part file using "Insert --> Annotations --> Notes (or Symbols)

[cid:image001.png@01CE9350.EF11C8F0]

Regards,

Guess I spoke to soon, Annotations seemed to work but only will show up in one view on my drawing.

Regards,

How do you add hatching to a cosmetic sketch in CREO 1.0? I can not seem to find an edit properties option anywhere.

---- "Senchuk wrote:
> In the model, check in the Cosmetic Sketch options. I know you can add x-hatching, but not sure about fill.
>

In the sketch plane set up, pick the Properties Tab and pick the Add Cross-hatching box.

[cid:image001.png@01CE9350.8A4F1B70]

Ted

In Creo 2.0 it works like this. Sketch your shape in the drawing. When completed, select it and hold down the RMB - you should see Hatch/Fill in the popup menu. It will prompt you for a name for the cross-section and default to a hatch fill. The old Menu Manager will appear allowing you to change spacing, angle, from hatch to fill, etc...

I assume it does the same in Creo 1.0. I also see Hatch/Fill under the Sketch and Layout tabs in the Creo 2.0 ribbon menu - not sure about Creo 1.0

Mike Brattoli
Moen Incorporated
Global Product Development Process Management
Administrator - PLM
25300 Al Moen Drive
North Olmsted, OH 44070

Chris I think what you are looking for is under the Engineering pull down of the Model tab. This is creo 2 but I assume same in 1.

Ron

Weird, I can not figure out how to get back to this Properties menu once you created a cosmetic sketch. RMB from model tree does not have properties. If you got to edit references you get pre WF menus for redefine. So PTC where did you hide it. So in short make it correct the first time you make it.

Ron

Edit Definition > Sketch Setup.

Icon from Creo 2: [cid:image002.png@01CE935C.5C7BE1E0]

When you’re in your sketch, go to your Skech Set-up (top left button), and then pick on the properties tab.

[cid:image002.png@01CE9354.2C8A7350]

Ted Otto
Senior Designer
TEAM Industries
218-828-1987
Top Tags