cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Flat Bill of Material

ktenhaken
3-Visitor

Flat Bill of Material

I have realized that Creo is not the most user friendly when trying to export a BOM to excel.  I have saved my BOM to a .txt document and am opening that in excel and it works really well.  The only problem that I have is that it separates all the subassemblies and breaks each down into its components and doesn't give me the total number contained of each part in the assembly.  I have read that there may be a way to get a FLAT BOM instead of a RECURSIVE BOM which I believe I have.  I just don't know how to get there. Is there anyone that has worked with this?

Your help is very much appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

If not using Windchill, then have to rely on "BOM" tools in Creo.

If using Windchill and WTParts, then those tools are best by far.

If using Windchill for CAD Only, can use the tools under the Assembly Structure tab - reports of various kinds.

So there is no way for it to read out the total number of each part contained in the assembly without Windchill? Sounds like that is something that they should get working on.

Absolutely.  Model, Bill of Material or Tools, Bill of Material.  Result is web page.  Select to save to a file (standalone web page).  Can convert to Excel from there if needed.

Yeah I realize that and that is what I have been doing.  The only problem is, the BOM shows the main assembly broken into the parts and subassemblies making it up.  It then shows the first subassembly in that assembly and the parts and/or subassemblies which make it up.  I want to have a BOM that is at the lowest level and shows all the parts and quantities that make up that main assembly in its entirety. 

Tools -> BOM produces a text file that, at the end, has a complete rollup all of all components. Maybe you did not read the whole thing. Maybe there's a config option, but I don't recall one that prevents it from making the roll up at the end.

Alternatively, create a drawing repeat region that has what you want. It's too much to explain here, but it's not tough to find info about it.

Additional information:

Tools -> BOM output can be configured using configuration file. Path to this file can be specified using config.pro option named BOM_FORMAT.

MH

Martin Hanák
Ian_Cure
12-Amethyst
(To:ktenhaken)

Take a look at this on Marc Metts site..

Pro/WebLink: Sending Your Pro/ENGINEER Assembly BOM to Excel

It works!

Ian C

How about creating the table in drawing, using a repeat region and then save this table as text or csv?

Something like the attached table?

Top Tags