cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Flattened Harness BOM Inquiry

CS_4929058
2-Guest

Flattened Harness BOM Inquiry

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for any help!

I am using Creo 4.0 and would like to generate my BOM table and balloons off of a flattened harness assembly. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to add terminals, wire seals, cavity plugs, etc., to the flattened harness to pull them into the BOM. Right now it only pulls in the connectors, clips, back shells, etc., which are designated as connectors or attached to the flat harness using the "attach" feature. I realize that I could create 3D models for all of these internal components and assemble them to the connector.....and then route my wires to (or through) them. But some of my connectors have high pin counts so the thought of doing that makes my head spin.  🙂

Has anyone run into this same issue and found a way to get those internal components to attach to the flattened harness assembly? Let me know if further information is needed in order to assist me.

Thank you!!

2 REPLIES 2
AS_8393175
4-Participant
(To:CS_4929058)

I am looking for the same solution.  I hope we can get an answer!

Hello @CS_4929058 and @AS_8393175 

It seems you'll need to add additional columns (Terminal, Wire, Seal) in Cavity Table of you Harness Manufacturing Drawing, according to guidance documented in article 350795.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Serge

Top Tags