cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Flexible Dimension of assembly component does not affect my Simplified Representation (CREO 8)

ME_10350209
1-Newbie

Flexible Dimension of assembly component does not affect my Simplified Representation (CREO 8)

I have a rivet I want to show in an assembly. The rivet data was 'imported'. In order to show the installed/deformed position, I added a 'deformed' feature that can be controlled by a flexible dimension. The Master Rep displays the 'imported' rivet AND the deformed geometry. I created a Simplified Rep (INSTALLED) which displays the deformed rivet without the 'imported' rivet. So far, so good!

The flexible dimension will allow me to display a deformed/installed rivet for different panel thicknesses. When I add 3 flexible rivets into my assembly, I can change their dimension to fit 3 different panel thicknesses (0.75-inch, 1.00-inch, 1.50-inch). However, the display shows both the 'imported' rivet AND the deformed/installed rivet data. When I active the INSTALLED Rep, all 3 rivets default to the original dimension (1.50-inch) and do not hold their flexible inputs (0.75-inch, 1.00-inch, 1.50-inch).

Why won't a flexible dimension hold when changing the assembly to a simplified Rep?

Why do all 3 flexible dimensions default back to the Master Rep?

Can I apply a flexible dimension to a Simplified Rep only?

How can my assembly display only the deformed/installed rivet?

Picture definitions:

PART (1): Master Rep shows both imported rivet and deformation features

PART (2): Uninstalled Rep excludes deformation features

PART (3): Installed Rep excludes import data

PART (4): Flexible dimension for panel thicknesses

ASSY (1): Master Rep applied

ASSY (2): Rivet Rep applied

3 REPLIES 3

Yes, seems that flexible parts don't work well with simplified reps.

One way to do achieve your objective "How can my assembly display only the deformed/installed rivet?" is to re-define your rivet part so that it's flexible items table also includes the presence / absence of the "imported" feature.

Then for the installed instances, turn off that feature:

pausob_0-1729198878731.png

kdirth
21-Topaz I
(To:pausob)

Has the suggestion from @pausob solved you issue?  The features tab in Flexibility allows you to do the same thing that simplified rep does.  Also, you can use distance for the flexible length to measure surface to surface to set the installed length.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ME_10350209)

I am not well versed in flexible modeling, but I have achieved similar results using a family table for an installed crimped part and then just calling out the various lengths as different instances in the installed version of the part.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags