cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Flexible Zip Tie

Fenderplayer
6-Contributor

Flexible Zip Tie

Does anyone have a flexible zip tie model they are willing to share?  Both for usage in a design, but also so I can break apart the different aspects to model other simple flexible parts.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Check out the Spinal Bend feature. A zip tie would be a perfect example for this feature.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Fenderplayer)

I don't have one I can share, but it is easy to make.

Model a zip tie in the installed state.  In the model properties (File/Prepare/Model Properties), under Tools select change for Flexible.  Select the body of the zip tie then the dimensions that need to be varied then OK.  Select OK for the Flexibility dialog box to complete and close Model Properties.

When you assemble the model into an assembly you will be prompted to accept use of flexibility.  You can now change the values that you predefined.

flex.jpg

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:kdirth)

I have one on my other computer. I'll see if I can remember to post it tonight (European time). It uses Spinal Bend and Make Flexible, and also a Perimeter Dimension to keep the length constant.

Top Tags