cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Fluid flow mock-up?

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst

Fluid flow mock-up?

I have an irregular shaped cross section that I divided into a grid and then used the grid to measure the flow across the cross section. Now that I have collected all of my flow data, I would like to create a 3D model of the flow that I can insert into my assembly model to use for presentations. The only way that I can find to create a 3D model of the flow is to use the measured data to create points, then use the points to create 2D lines and surfaces. This works, but it is very time consuming. Also, I would like to use a colormap so that the lower areas are one color and higher areas are another color.

Does anyone know how to do something like this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Though I dont know the answer, it seems very interesting, can you post some pics.

Thanks.

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst
(To:jsarkar)

I might be able to share some pictures of the flow model, but not of the assembly.

Top Tags