cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Formatting a table with mapkeys

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Formatting a table with mapkeys

I have an Excel file that has merged cells. I don't want to pull the native file into Creo. I am importing these now as a .csv but when I do that I loose the merged cells.

Does anyone have a technique or a better way of doing this? I looked at creating my own tbl file but they are not straight text.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

For anyone coming back to this, I resolved this issue by recording and then re-running a modified trail file from a mapkey.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NiruSatya
5-Regular Member

CSV - Comma Specified Value file format will remove any formatting you might have applied for XLSX file Table Cells.

I generally insert table as an Object with/without linking the .xlsx file.

Go to Layout Tab - Select OBJECT under Insert Group - Create New - Microsoft Excel Worksheet [Copy Paste your content with Formatting] - Select anywhere in the Drawing to place the file. Then Move, Scale etc.....as per your requirement.

Might not look excellent, But it'll do the job. Anytime double click on the table to modify it.

01 May I know what is the purpose of bringing Excel sheet into Creo Drawing.

02 Also what you want to do after Importing the Excel file into Drawing? [Do you need to extract the Table info?]

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:NiruSatya)

Yes, as I stated, I know I can insert a native Excel file but that's not what I want.

I haven't had a chance to cycle back to this but I am going to attempt to resolve this by inserting the csv by mapkey and then have the mapkey call a trail file to get me the clicks I need to format the table. Crossing my fingers I can get it to work.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

For anyone coming back to this, I resolved this issue by recording and then re-running a modified trail file from a mapkey.

Top Tags