cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Formula driven Lattices to orient on curved surface

GS_11827124
4-Participant

Formula driven Lattices to orient on curved surface

Dear PTC-Community,

I want to replace a section of a part with formula driven lattices (Gyroid in the example case).

I also want to try out different shapes for the section to be replaced and have the same surface for each version.

In the three examples below, the shape and position of the section to be replaced is slightly different.

Different versions of slots going trough the partDifferent versions of slots going trough the part

For each case, I am placing the first unit cell in the top left corner and orient it along the slot as shown here:

Unit Cell orientation and placementUnit Cell orientation and placement

I understand that as the Part is wound in space and does not consist of a straight surface, the unit cell gets "cut" in a different way depending on the position of the part to be replaced on the surface.

Is there is a way to get the same surface for all three different positions? To have the unit cell align itself on a curved surface so to say.

What I did try was to create a cuboid, replace it with lattices and then bend the cuboid manually to conform to the surface. The results were not statisfying.

I hope I am being clear enough with my explanation, if I missed any information please feel free to ask. I am using Creo parametric 9.

All the best and thank you for reading

Garbean

2 REPLIES 2
ProFeature
14-Alexandrite
(To:GS_11827124)
Michael
13-Aquamarine
(To:GS_11827124)

Try using non 2d cell based lattices like stochastic beams. You can assign a shell value in surfaces too. 

Michael P Bourque
Boston Regional User Group
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags