cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

GD & T advisor question

bchapman
10-Marble

GD & T advisor question

bchapman_0-1665075827966.png

I created numerous tapped hole patterns and added GD & T call out with no problem. On this hole pattern I cannot add the GD & T call out,. It is asking for a dimension reference. I have tried picking the dimension, but will not work. e other patterns did not require me to pick a dimension? What am i doing wrong

2 REPLIES 2

@bchapman wrote:

bchapman_0-1665075827966.png

I created numerous tapped hole patterns and added GD & T call out with no problem. On this hole pattern I cannot add the GD & T call out,. It is asking for a dimension reference. I have tried picking the dimension, but will not work. e other patterns did not require me to pick a dimension? What am i doing wrong

Hi,

not sure how many users own the module GD & T. Maybe it would be better to contact PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Hi @bchapman 

While it is hard to evaluate from the attached image, I do have one suggestions that works in some situations.

Please define the surface on which this hole is cut from as a GDT feature. make sure that you define that surface (maybe as a datum) BEFORE you are trying to add this new pattern. 

In many cases this resolves the issue because the reference surface is defined. If this doesn't help, please report a tech support ticket, so that we at PTC can take a deeper look and investigate with your model data

Top Tags