cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Getting Creo 5.0 to cooperate with shrinkwraps in an assembly

lsigrandson
3-Visitor

Getting Creo 5.0 to cooperate with shrinkwraps in an assembly

I've been struggling to get Creo 5.0 to cooperate with section views in my assembly model drawing.  The assembly model contains a shrinkwrap.  When I initially created the drawing, Creo was able to create section views with no problems.  But now that I've gone back and made modifications/additions to the assembly model, Creo is suddenly failing several of my previously created section views.  Mind you, not all of my section views are failing, only a couple.

Creo is giving me the familiar error message, "Cross-section creation in "new_view_XX, on sheet X aborted".  I've tried all of the suggestions I've seen in these message boards to no avail;

1. Making sure the "Include quilts" box is checked.

2. Offsetting a plane from the section plane.

In the drawing configuration, I have the following set:

3. show_quilts_in_total_xsecs is set to "yes"

4. crossec_type is set to "new_style".

I've also tried switching the values for these two options and nothing changes.

Now Creo is at the point where it won't create any new section views at all in my assembly drawing.  When I mentioned earlier that I made modifications/additions to the assembly model, it was the removal and the addition of components.  I did not make any modifications to the shrinkwrap model, other than to change the color of some of the surfaces.

Creo is able to create a drawing section view of the shrinkwrap model itself, I did that as a test.  For some reason, there is something in my assembly model that contains the shrinkwrap that is causing Creo to fail my views and I have not found it yet. 

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags