cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Getting the overall dimension of blank & surface area in bom table

emanivel
1-Newbie

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:emanivel)

The only ways that I am aware to do this is to create a measurement feature which you could then call out or create a parameter using ModelCheck. The latter of which is not parametric.

Unfortunately there is no native solution for pulling this information from part files without doing the work I mentioned above.

You'll need parameters in the part you wish to pull this information from.

For the Area, create a measurement feature.

Then create a relation that reads this Feature Parameter.

This parameter, 'SURF_AREA', can then be put into the BOM repeat region and will display the info from the part model.

You'll have to also create a similar parameter & relation for each dimension you want to be displayed in the BOM table. (I didn't see any way to do this without a parameter but I also didn't look very hard.)

After that it's simply a matter of adding columns for each parameter to the BOM table. The exact picks are ASM > MBR > USER DEFINED then you enter the name of the parameter you want showing up in that column.

For any components that don't have these parameters the BOM table will simply leave that cell blank.

Also, I didn't explore whether the overall dimensions could be read into a single parameter in case you wanted to overall dimensions to be in the same BOM table cell or wanted additional information in there.

Top Tags