cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Glitchy creo 3 drawing mode

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Glitchy creo 3 drawing mode

Man, I started doing a fairly complicated dwg, and I'm getting weird things like being able to drag the dimensions, but they will not snap to any snap line.  Or one dimension that absolutely refuses to move from the spot it's in.  Where you used to be able to click on a specific part of a dimension (i.e. angular) and get it to create a leader-type elbow, I can't.  Sometimes I can click over any object in the dwg and can select nothing.  I tried setting the selection filters in dwg mode, thinking that was it, and it seems to work exactly opposite of the way it does in modeling where you can't select anything unless it's in your "My Filter" column.  In the dwg's case, if the "My Filter" column has items in it, I can't select anything and my snap lines don't work at all.  Really bizarre behavior.  I think creo 3 is a great step forward from the modeling side (except for the sneaky issue with "points" patterns where you have to use the alternate origin), but so far, it appears like the dwg package is worse.  Am I missing something???  This is really making me upset.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Patriot_1776)

The leader thing, you will need to use the shift key to create the leader-type elbow.  And yes, it wasn't broken before, so they changed it.

Not sure about the snap line thing or not being able to move a dimension.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:StephenW)

*facepalm*  I hate it when they break things by going to a new interface.  TOTAL waste of time trying to figure it out.

I haven't had any formal training on these new interfaces since....creo elements/pro 5.0, so....

They need to quit wasting our time on these changes that bring LESS functionality than we had, LESS ease of use, just to make a fancy new interface to be like.....SW.  Quit F-ing around, and simply give us new features that WORK, and we'll be happy.

Thanks for the tip Stephen!

Wow, REALLY starting to hate the "ribbon" thing all over again.  Is it as bad as creo parametric/Pro 5.0?  Methinks....probably.  Can't even find you the way to delete a row or 2 in a table.  It used to be easy.....now where did they bury that very useful command?  I'm in the "Table" ribbon, and right clicking for the pop-up does NOT give me an option to delete what I've selected (as it had for, I dunno, at least a decade).  It also does not respond to the keyboard delete button.  Nice!  Way to go PTC.....

I hear tell we're going to creo 4 soon.  Hopefully they fixed this absurd Micros#ck ribbon interface...

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Patriot_1776)

Something odd is going on  It works either way for me. If I select a row and RMB delete or if I select a row and use the delete key.

Make sure it's selecting the row and not just a cell, that will cause delete not to work.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:StephenW)

It's been glitchy in general lately, I've had several hard crashes blowing me out of creo.  Still hating the ribbon....

Dunno if the table thing is new, or me being retarded from spending a year on NX 8.5, but I found I had to delete the repeat region FIRST, then that left the text still in the cells, so I could either delete just the text or now delete the whole row.

Now my problem is that they have made an absolutely insane amount of parameters in the start models (and thus everything made from them), with an absurd amount of relations in the start models, and to make things even MORE fun, an absolutely nightmarish amount of relations in the repeat regions.  So now, if one thing isn't correct, the BOM and the dwg format fail to populate.  Yay....  I was told PTC came in and did a lot of this and, frankly, I think they were just showing off their coding instead of thinking what it takes to actually get work done.

*facepalm*

The good news is I think the head of my particular division will allow me to redo all this to simplify (and make more robust) for our use only, and the rest of the lab can continue with their insanity while we actually get some work done besides me troubleshooting files.  We'll see....

Top Tags