cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Graphics REAL SLOW editing cross-hatches in dwg sect views

mdristy
1-Newbie

Graphics REAL SLOW editing cross-hatches in dwg sect views

I have a very fast workstation with a pretty fast graphics card. Everything is fine until I try to edit the cross-hatching in my drawing section views. Then the graphics refresh get EXTREMELY slow. It makes editing the cross-hatching almost impossible. Any ideas what could be happening, and how to fix?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:mdristy)

What are your workstation's specifications?

Dell Precision M4400 3.06 GHz Core 2 Extreme X9100 CPU 4 Gb RAM NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M with 512 MB Windows Vista 64bit

I am having a similar problem with any release higher that WF4 M040. Except for me it is with dragging dimensions around in drawings, very slow and choppy. I am running a: Dell Precison 3400 Q6600 quad core @2.4GHz 4gb RAM FX1700 Nvidia card

I ran into a similar problem, working on a drawing. I have to actually work in wireframe mode as it was taking 22 minutes to delete 56 cells from a table on a drawing. I would also experience slowness in moving dimensions around as well. My specs are: M6400 Intel Core DUO CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz 3.48GB of Ram NVIDIA 6.14.11.8585 Dennis

Hello, its probably no matter of your workstations. Please check your drawing setup file. Look for def_xhatch_break_around_text. If it is set to "yes" change it to "no". The problem is, this does not effect already shown dimensions. You have to change them manually, best right after changing the setup file. Set your smart filter to "dimension", select all dimensions, do RMT "Properties", coose "Text Style" and remove the hook at "Break crosshatching". Do the same with all notes. Now it should work again well.

Any other suggestions for improving drawing performance? Seems like this is more of a chronic problem than I initially thought, happens in M040 as well, an not just dimensions are involved. Any dragging in a drawing is having a sluggish response.

To all, I just wanted to pass on some information I had gotten from PTC when I submitted a similar problem, as I mentioned in an earlier response to this topic, about slowness in my drawing. Below is a link to a document with some suggested Pro/ENGINEER config.pro options that can be set. I must say that these did help (I use the force_wireframe_in_drawing yes as an IN SESSION config change) but having them set as defaults I could not use. Hope this helps everyone in some way. Suggested Techniques for Increasing Performance when Working with Large Assembly Drawings This document is intended to outline some recommended practices in Pro/ENGINEER when working with large assembly drawings https://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_25/howto/vew1046/vew1046.htm Dennis

I think I am narrowing the problem down to the mouse as being the cause. When I switch to a Logitech from a Microsoft mouse, the perfomance gets better. I am going to look into driver issues.

Just noticed this post so don';t know if it is still valid/outstanding, probably not. Still, I had a similar problem and was advised to add the config option

gct_enabled no

This is a hidded config option but has sorted my problems completely.

DHLewis
11-Garnet
(To:mdristy)

Mark,

This is an issue with your Graphics Driver software version. We had this issue when using the latest NVidia driver and had to go back to a previous version of the driver to eliminate the slow and choppy behavior in Drawing mode. I have not tried the latest driver to see if it is fixed but try different versions and see if that helps. Our issue was on x64 XP so I don't know which will work best with Vista.

David

Top Tags