cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Grey outline of the part in the drawing for one part only

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

Grey outline of the part in the drawing for one part only

Hey guys, Happy holidays!

Having issue with ine view on my drawing. One part is being outlined grey.

Checked the component display and edge display options. It's all set as default as all the other parts in the assembly.

11.png

Amy ideas?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:pvn)

It may be that that's the component color and the colors are enabled in the view.

It may also be that there's interference between this part and some other part.

Those are the two things that should cause a problem in display.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

You might have to post a piece of the model to see if it universal.

I've had a few stubborn anomalies like this leaving me scratching my head.

Or could the part/feature(s) have been assigned a properties setting (line style) that is taking priority?

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:TomD.inPDX)

There was no interference. Nothing really outstanding.

I assume it's a bug of some sort.

The way I fixed it is I deleted all the lines with Edge feature and then reinstated them back.

Still thank you for the feedback, guys!

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

The software is a joke.

In another assembly I have a similar issue with similar part not showing solid lines. And the way I managed it before doesn't work now. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

There is something in your process or your model that is doing this. Does this happen on anyone else's computer? Can you post your files or a sample set of files that exhibit the same problem.

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:StephenW)

It is just this assembly. That is correct. And the issue of display is only within the assembly. Had no issues with making a detail drawing of this particular part.

The assembly is too big and a part of IP to share it on-line 😞

Is there a way to check the line style of existing edges of other parts?

Because in this same drawing I was able to fix it for another instance. But the sane technique doesn't work this time around.

And there's no way to even add a sketch because you can't dimension sketch or constrain it to existing model features.

I'm lost. 😞

Top Tags