cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ME FOR ISOMETRIC DRAWING DIMENSIONS

ptc-1869440
1-Newbie

HELP ME FOR ISOMETRIC DRAWING DIMENSIONS

MAKE 3D-PIPING FOR MY WORK ... NOW I WANT THE DRAWING OF THAT IN WIRE FRAME ... AND I HAVE TO DIMENSION IT . BUT WHEN I GIVE MANUAL DIMENSION AT THAT TIME IT COMES WRONG , BCOZ IN ISOMETRIC VIEW IT COMES ON 30 DEGREE ANGLE ... BUT WHEN I CHECK IT ON TOP , FRONT OR RIGHT VIEW IT COMES RIGHT .. EXAMPLE IF I GIVE PIPE DISTANCE 10000MM. AND WHEN I GIVE DIMENSION IN ISOMETRIC FORM IT COMES ABOUT 9450, LIKE THIS ... SO PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CONFIGURE IT. HOPE I WILL GET REPLY FOR DAT
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

This should help, it is difficult to understand what PRO-E is doing. Go to this TPI: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=/34156.htm Good Luck
CBenner
4-Participant
(To:troesch)

That's great, except that for piping, the designer has little control over the dimensions created by the system when laying out a pipeline and populating it with fittings. Many (most) times, the model dimensions are nowhere close to the dimensions you would like to show on your drawing. "Created" dimensions are needed to clarify fitting locations, spool lengths etc. Poonam, What we do is dimension our drawing in 2D with multiple views, and place an isometric view of the pipeline in one corner of the drawing sheet, or on a separate sheet if it is too large. This way our shop has all the dimensions they need, plus a good 3D picture for clarification. Hope this helps.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Announcements