cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

HLR view, save line drawing as PDF: miserable result, most lines missing

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

HLR view, save line drawing as PDF: miserable result, most lines missing

Hi Forum,

I have an *.asm assembly in Creo View 6.0, displayed in HLR mode as black and white line drawing.

When exporting that view to PDF ("Save Current View as 2D Vector File" -> PDF), most of the lines are missing in the resulting PDF.

If I export a single *.prt part from that *.asm assembly to PDF the same way, all lines are shown perfectly.

Thanks for help on how to export also the *.asm assembly with all lines visible in the resulting PDF.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please report the problem to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:MartinHanak)

SOLVED:

Don't use *.asm/*.prt file folders for viewing in Creo View -- PDF vector export will not work properly.

Instead, use *.pvz files -- PDF vector export will turn out perfect.

[@ptc -- you could of course still work on this and occasionally fix that broken PDF vector export as far as  *.asm/*.prt file folders are concerned]

VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:VeqTor)

I stand corrected. Regardless of the format in which a part or assembly is loaded into Creo View, the problem with missing lines isn't fixed when exporting to PDF.

Kfq6UfL

VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:VeqTor)

Additionally to leaving out lines (orange), Creo View also forgets to put closure surfaces on some areas of sections (blue):

Top Tags