cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Hi, I am unable to add the model in drawing by legacy migration. Can you please guide us about that...

smandole
1-Newbie

Hi, I am unable to add the model in drawing by legacy migration. Can you please guide us about that...

Need help for drawing legacy migration

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Search Creo's Help for the following:

• About Using the Legacy Drawing Associator (LDA)
  • About Automatically Mapping 2D Views to 3D Views

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS58371

dcamp
1-Newbie
(To:smandole)

Not a helpful response at all, but that's probably because the issue wasn't being experienced. I think what was meant (and why I was stumbling on as 2 decade user) was simple how to add another Creo model to the drawing.

It appears this LDA/Legacy Drawing associator option to Add Model is not the Add Model that most of us would be looking for (don't what it is, it doesn't do anything and the support document certainly doesn't provide any clue what its for. The problem is the search tool only sends you here instead of to the actual hidden legacy menu that you need to Add a (Creo) Model to the drawing. Here is what I do: in the search tool type Set Active and it will bring up a link to the legacy menu which IS where you actually Add a Model. All of the old functions are here (Set Rep, Replace, etc.).

At least that's what I was needing. The LDA might be a great tool, maybe I'll find time to dig-up a tutorial.

Top Tags