cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Hidden lines visible on section plane/view of an assembly

RC_10272798
5-Regular Member

Hidden lines visible on section plane/view of an assembly

I'm trying to make a section view of a component placed in the middle of an assembly, but I have a problem.

When I create the relative view on the drawing, all the hidden edges/components placed after the section plane are showed but thay should't have been visible (also components/edges placed after the sectioned area).
I have already set on the "view display options" of the "Drawing View" panel:

- Display style: No Hidden

- Tangent edges display style: Dimmed (I tryied also with "None")

- Hidden line removal for xhatches: Yes

any help, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Oh, and I forgot, you have to edit your cross section too to include quilts!! That's another one that baffles me as to why this wasn't default.

StephenWilliams_0-1658243941321.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Are the view properties something like that:

KotomEng_0-1657727779258.png

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
RC_10272798
5-Regular Member
(To:Kotom-Eng)

I have probably a different CREO version, so I see a different view properties panel.

Anyway, as written initally, I have already set:

- Display style: No Hidden

- Tangent edges display style: Dimmed (I tryied also with "None")

- Hidden line removal for xhatches: Yes

I think that I have understood what's my problem.

I have an assembly made of two bodies and a shell. Creo works properly with bodies when it creates the section view, but makes mistakes with the shell, showing all its edges on the section view, and I am not able to fix it. 

I fear that you are not in the correct community. Here you are in the community "Creo Elements Direct" that is a software different from Creo Parametric. You should move your post to the community "Creo Parametric" to have a better chance to get an answer.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RC_10272798)

@RC_10272798 

Are there surface or quilt features/models in your drawing?

In cross section views, surface/quilt features and/or models will not display right unless you have also selected "hidden line removal for quilts". I never understood who would want to have these show thru everything else but that is the default PTC has chosen

StephenWilliams_0-1658241537392.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Oh, and I forgot, you have to edit your cross section too to include quilts!! That's another one that baffles me as to why this wasn't default.

StephenWilliams_0-1658243941321.png

Top Tags