cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Hiding mirrored surfaces in a drawing?

A.DelNegro
4-Participant

Hiding mirrored surfaces in a drawing?

I have lid that is a mirror of the lid on the opposite side of my container. I would like to make a drawing for both lids but when I place a view of the mirrored one, it shows all the surfaces from the mirrored part.  They are hidden in the model.  Is there an easy way to hide them in the drawing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Put them on a layer, hide the layer in the drawing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Put them on a layer, hide the layer in the drawing.

I've found that hiding the mirror feature does the trick, usually. If not, Don's method also does the job.

A.DelNegro
4-Participant
(To:A.DelNegro)

Thanx guys. I would expect that hiding the feature in the part should do this, but it does not. I had to make the extra layer.

Top Tags