cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Hole Table

prosa
6-Contributor

Hole Table

I want to create a hole table for the top view and another one for the bottom view, independent hole table in the same sheet.

Is this possible? I tried but didn't work...

9 REPLIES 9
kamleshjoshi
15-Moonstone
(To:prosa)

could you please share the model

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

In fact, you have to create separate tables if the holes are machined from different sides. A hole table will not recognize holes drilled from the other side of the material.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I may be mistaken, my holes tables were on separate sheets of the same drawing (i.e. page 1 & page 2). Again, the first page was one side with one table and the second page was the opposite side and the second table. It two machine set ups, so two pages may work for you.

Good clarification. I didn't try this. It should work. That said, the machinist in me is a little nervous about this idea altogether... very easy way to mess up zeros or misinterpret dimensions.

Thanks!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Tdaugherty)

Big bold letters on each sheet helps.

***FRONT SIDE***

***BACK SIDE***

I don't think this is possible. Creo gives this error message when attempting to create the table:

Tdaugherty_0-1610980026023.png

I think when it says one view, it really means one model or something similar. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get the second table to place. Here are a few things I tried.

• Create an origin csys for top surface table and bottom surface table
  • Place Top and Bottom views independently (not projection)

I'm wondering if the reason you're trying this is because of the way hole tables work in Creo. They really don't work...

The biggest reason why we don't use them is because they only show holes that are created on the same surface as the origin coordinate system. Holes that come in from the bottom surface won't appear in the table. You can redefine the holes on the bottom so that they start on the top and they will show in the table but sometimes this isn't possible or doesn't make sense. 

Here's an older post related to this topic:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/missing-holes-in-hole-table/m-p/647966 

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Its possible to create hole tables driven by axes or points so you could create two tables (Creo allows this) and then just delete the rows from each that you don't want to show.

kamleshjoshi
15-Moonstone
(To:Chris3)

But in that case hole number can not control by us, it takes the ID of hole axes.

Well, id of the axes can be renamed in the model.  Rather tedious for large patterns, but can be done.

File->prepare->model properties->Features and Geometry->Names->change...

Top Tags