cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Hole callout does not update

dveljkovic
6-Contributor

Hole callout does not update

I have a strange problem that hole callout does not update if value of hole dimension change:

dveljkovic_0-1652897926405.png

C'bore depth is 20mm. And yet, hole callout says 8mm, which is wrong:

dveljkovic_1-1652897961592.png

While parameters are correct as value entered:

dveljkovic_2-1652898008838.png

Hole text in .hol file is:

C'BORE-&PATTERN_NO{0:X}/FOR &FASTENER_ID/<CTRL-A>v<CTRL-B><CTRL-A>n<CTRL-B>&CBOREDIAM[.2]<CTRL-A>x<CTRL-B>&CBORE_DEPTH[.1]

As in hole annotation:

dveljkovic_4-1652898114925.png

I also changed c'bore diameter value and it's value in hole callout did not change.

I am using 5.0.6 version.

Has anyone had a problem like this?

10 REPLIES 10

Well, your names for the hole parameters are inconsistent.

Parameter name:

CBORE_DIAMETER

in your .hol file:

CBOREDIAM

Parameter name:

CBORE_DEPTH

in your note:

CBOREDEPTH

dveljkovic
6-Contributor
(To:pausob)

I did not make those parameters. Creo does.

dveljkovic
6-Contributor

.hol hote is:

C'BORE-&PATTERN_NO{0:X}/FOR &FASTENER_ID/<CTRL-A>v<CTRL-B><CTRL-A>n<CTRL-B>&CBOREDIAM[.2]<CTRL-A>x<CTRL-B>&CBORE_DEPTH[.1]

But in Creo shows as :

dveljkovic_0-1652900979456.png

Which i find it weird.

Looking at this link, 

Using Tokens in Thread Notes 

it seems CBOREDEPTH and CBORE_DEPTH are somewhat different in that one comes from the .hol file and one from the actual feature.

Still doesn't explain why in your case, &CBORE_DEPTH in the .hol file callout is changing to &CBOREDEPTH in the actual note?

Do you have the DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA section in your .hol file which is has a different callout for counterbored holes?

Anyway, sorry I can't help, but post these links for reference:

Formatting Thread Notes 

Also, a lot of information that has already been posted on the subject on this forum - for example, hole call out help

dveljkovic
6-Contributor

"...it seems CBOREDEPTH and CBORE_DEPTH are somewhat different in that one comes from the .hol file and one from the actual feature."

That is the reason why I am using CBORE_DEPTH instead of CBOREDEPTH in .hol setup. As for DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA i just put "CALLOUT NOT DEFINED - EXAMINE FILE ISO_1.HOL" so it tells me that proper callout is not set.

I set up hole callout in .hol file as:

C'BORE-&PATTERN_NO{0:X}/FOR &FASTENER_ID/<CTRL-A>v<CTRL-B><CTRL-A>n<CTRL-B>&CBORE_DIAMETER[.2] <CTRL-A>x<CTRL-B>&CBORE_DEPTH[.1]

and yet callout turns like this:

dveljkovic_0-1652921986059.png

It is like Creo does not follow hole callout from .hol file.

Thank you for your help.

dveljkovic
6-Contributor
(To:dveljkovic)

What I have found out is that when you place first hole, that callout is set fo good on that model!?! Even when I press reset button. This should not be the case.

Maybe you have this setting active?

hole_file_resolution use_internal

see

About Embedding Hole Files into a Part Model 

Also, pretty sure that any changes to the .hol files may require you to restart Creo and reload the model...

dveljkovic
6-Contributor

No. "replace_with_external" is currently active. I am restarting Creo like crazy. New .hol file changes affect only new details. Old one are stuck on old .hol settings.

@dveljkovic wrote:

I have a strange problem that hole callout does not update if value of hole dimension change:

dveljkovic_0-1652897926405.png

C'bore depth is 20mm. And yet, hole callout says 8mm, which is wrong:

dveljkovic_1-1652897961592.png

While parameters are correct as value entered:

dveljkovic_2-1652898008838.png

As in hole annotation:

dveljkovic_4-1652898114925.png

I also changed c'bore diameter value and it's value in hole callout did not change.

I am using 5.0.6 version.

Has anyone had a problem like this?

Hi,

I think you have to upload your .hol file, if you need to resolve the problem. If the file is secret then open Case at PTC Support and send the file to PTC.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, .hol file is not secret. But, .hol file is not the problem. Creo is. It only reads .hol file for new models (correctly), while old models read "internal" hol file (or at least I think that's what is happening). I contacted PTC support, and will se hat they have to say.

Top Tags