cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Hole number in hole table

msauthier
5-Regular Member

Hole number in hole table

Hi everyone

I have a drawing with two views. Each one one has a table of hole. My issue is that both tables has the same number of hole (A1, A2, A3 ...).

I would prefer the second table of hole start from B1, B2 ...

Does someone know how to do ??

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Mathieu,

I guess that naming convention is hardcoded and user cannot change it. You can ask PTC Support...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi there,

It gets even more complicated as the number and letter combinations change when you add different dimensioned holes. Change the report to numeric instead of alphanumeric will give you unique number per face. I had the same issue and resolved by adding a feature relation to each hole Tools\Relations\feature the relation I added was face='A' etc.

You will have to add this to all the holes on each face. If you have patterned holes then if you add the relation before creating the pattern it should add the relation to the other holes in the pattern. I then added the 'face' parameter into the hole table and push it to the top. you will then het a column that is A and the next column will be the numbers.

Long winded way to go but at least it is readable. Hope that this helps

Almost forgot to say. Creo treats plain holes differently to tapped holes so If you want to report the drill_depth for a plain hole then that relation needs added to as will cbore_diameter, cbore_depth and the same for csink features.

Top Tags