cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Hole patterns showing up in purple, any way to disable this?

AP_10833674
2-Guest

Hole patterns showing up in purple, any way to disable this?

Currently using Creo version 9.0.

I'm running into a situation where hole patterns show up in purple on drawings, even when things such as hidden quilts are checked off, and the display style is set to "no hidden".  I've got an example below.

AP_10833674_0-1702647893835.png

The strange thing is that these don't show up immediately;  I will put the view into place in the drawing, save and close out my work.  When I open the drawing the next work session, they show up out of nowhere.

I've verified that specifically, this occurs with patterns or mirrors of holes.  The parent feature doesn't show up like this, only the child features.  I can find them on the model tree and manually hide them, but for larger parts or assemblies this can be very tedious as it has to be done for each individual pattern on every part.  These are particularly annoying because they show up when you export.  Is there a setting to stop this from happening?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:AP_10833674)

I believe those are threaded surfaces. Can you just uncheck the "include thread surface" in the hole definition under the shape tab?

While that's something that could be done on a part by part basis, this is still not practical, as I will sometimes be making assemblies from parts designed by others, so having to go into their parts to find the specific hole pattern and turn off threads is still the same level of tedious.

In our models, we have layer that collects these cosmetic thread surfaces.  They then can be "hidden" on any drawing / view.

Other option is right click-on the view and "erase cosmetics"

pausob_0-1702653601762.png

Erase cosmetics does not solve the problem unfortunately.

Go to Properties -> View Display -> Check 'Yes' under the option "Hidden line removal for quilts" -> Press "OK"

This solved it for me on my drawings. Let me know if this solved it for you.

Top Tags