cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Holes driven by offset datum

joe_c
13-Aquamarine

Holes driven by offset datum

Hi Folks

How would i model these 6 holes. The are located on the taper and driven by 50 deg and12.8 TYP dimension where the latter dimis reference from an offset datum section A. The hole &sweepfeature wont let me dimension from different orientations which is the casehere. See attached

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
DeanLong
10-Marble
(To:joe_c)

1. Create a drive curve (sketch)with the dims you want to show in the drawing in the section view.

2. Create an Axis pattern of the curve driven around the main axis of your base revolve

3. Create a Variable Section Sweep of the hole with the dims.profile you want using the first member curve of the patten,

4. Create a pattern of the VSS. It will give you the option to use a reference pattern.

joe_c
13-Aquamarine

Folks

I received some good input but most ignored the two dimensions at stake here, 12.8 offsetand 50 deg. It might been my fault so i am attaching the work completed so far. I created datum tangent to the slope and normal to the section datum. Then offset this datum (named tangent) to a distance of 12.8. Then create axis that intersetcs through theoffset and front datums.But apparently, the 50 deg will convert to a mean dim of 44.1 deg. And it cant be shown on the same sectionA of the drawing. Feel free to question the drawing dimitself, they are from a contractor.

In Reply to Dean Long:

1. Create a drive curve (sketch)with the dims you want to show in the drawing in the section view.

2. Create an Axis pattern of the curve driven around the main axis of your base revolve

3. Create a Variable Section Sweep of the hole with the dims.profile you want using the first member curve of the patten,

4. Create a pattern of the VSS. It will give you the option to use a reference pattern.

DeanLong
10-Marble

Jose,

I emailed this part to you directly earlier. I will attach it here as well. It's a WF4 part.

Dean

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags