cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How To: show model annotation of a "measure" feature.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

How To: show model annotation of a "measure" feature.

I find using parameters and relations very cumbersome.

How do I annotate a value saved with a measure feature in a note?

A link to a tutorial about managing relations and/or parameters much appreciated.

...It still amazes me as to how hard it is to access saved dimension relations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I believe you have saved some dimensions in part and want to show that in drawing note

If so then you need to

1.Save a measure analysis and create a feature from that saved dimension.

or you can directly create a feature from measure analysis.(I am not sure you follow which process; but in both ways you will find a feature)

2.create a parameter from that feature

3.use that parameter in note in drw

please check the video

But if you need something else ;please reply

Regards

K.Mahanta

Video Link : 3187

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi

I believe you have saved some dimensions in part and want to show that in drawing note

If so then you need to

1.Save a measure analysis and create a feature from that saved dimension.

or you can directly create a feature from measure analysis.(I am not sure you follow which process; but in both ways you will find a feature)

2.create a parameter from that feature

3.use that parameter in note in drw

please check the video

But if you need something else ;please reply

Regards

K.Mahanta

Video Link : 3187

Sweet! That is what I was missing. I was trying to use the "measure" directly in an annotation.

I have a lot to learn about making this work for me.

Thanks!

Hi

You can also use the measure feature directly in drawing annotation ; but need to be a little bit careful

Check the following video

Regards

K.Mahanta

Video Link : 3188

I tried doing this with measure in Creo 2.0 and I think the dialog has changed as such that you can no longer make the relation directly from the measure dialog. At least, I cannot see it opening all the dialogs.

I also ran into some trouble when changing the units in a saved measurements from inch to cm and made a note. I later changed the "measure" feature back to inch and the value remained stuck on cm for quite some time. There is obviously a few bugs in this area.

Grrrr.

Okay Antonius, I took a look at this and I went from trying to be helpful to being annoyed. I'm begging someone, anyone from PTC to get a handle on the Help Files for Creo 2 immediately. In 22 years of engineering I have never been so completely frustrated at the lack of help provided in a set of help files. For the love of all humanity add some pictures. We haven't had any images in the help files for years... why?! We went from printed books to HTML. Okay, I get it... less cost. But why did there need to be less pictures? For pete's sake.

And yes, I know... install the Learning Connector. Launch PTC University. Check out Learning Express. Read the Best Practice Academy. Sign up for the free WebEx. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Tooth Fairy, hop up and down on one foot, and blow kisses while waving like the Queen of England.... and maybe you can figure out how to operate the new interface.

ANYWAY Antonius... you can control how your relations react when switching dimensions. You can do this by specifying units and/or making sure you have Unit Sensitive turned on in your relations window. See below.

units_sens.png

Honestly this requires more in-depth explanation but I'm going to stop here. I am just too annoyed to write in a calm, constructive manner at the moment and I apologize for that. Take a look at the units sensitivity and "specify units" options. You can set your relations so they will automatically convert as your model units switch.

Thanks!

-Brian

I hear you on the lack of help. I never got good at relations in the past and now I am totally lost. Good thing I am not using Creo for scientific research.

I think I got what I need for the moment. I was mostly trying to see what I could do with relations and not finding squat for help in the docs, I thought of you guys and gals once again. This forum is more helpful than all the combined information available from or through PTC.

Hi

I am trying to access "Video Link 3187" and get sent to ptc community.

I search around ptc community and get nothing but a headache.

How can a person view the video?

I have used the internet since it started. I have clicked on many a link to a video. 99% of the time a video starts.

Why does ptc lack the ability to start a video by clicking a link?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dcrosby)

When they migrated the community from the previous platform to this current one, a lot of the videos got lost.

...and along with that a whole lot of true user effort that was simply -discarded-.

Top Tags