cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How can I change a pattern of holes into a pattern of extrusions?

rbrooks
1-Newbie

How can I change a pattern of holes into a pattern of extrusions?

Does anyone know how to chnage a pattern of holes into a pattern of extrusions.

I have a plate with a pattern of 40 holes which due to problems with Creo simulate I need to repace with 40 extrusion. I am finding it impossible to simply draw 40 circles over the holes and extrude as you would in almost any other CAD system as Creo's autodimensioning routines allways find an insurmounatble fault.

Any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reference pattern?

If you create an extrusion over the 'leader' hole (make sure that you only pick references that a) will be common to all your extrusions, or b) will exist for each extrusion - such as the hole axis) then you should be able to select Pattern, and find that it automatically chooses Reference.

HTH!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Reference pattern?

If you create an extrusion over the 'leader' hole (make sure that you only pick references that a) will be common to all your extrusions, or b) will exist for each extrusion - such as the hole axis) then you should be able to select Pattern, and find that it automatically chooses Reference.

HTH!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:rbrooks)

Are you trying to remove the holes by filling them with an extrusion or are you trying to replace them with an extrusion that sticks out of the surface?

If you are just trying to fill them, can the holes themselves be removed?

Are the holes made with the hole tool, or were they sketched circles that were used to remove material.

If the were sketched holes, you should be able to un-click the remove material button and they'll turn into extrusions.

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

You may have to flip direction changing it from a hole to an extrusion.hole_vs_extrusion.jpg

Jonathan

Thanks very much this worked perfectly.

Dale

Thanks as well. Unfortunately the holes were produced using the hole tool so I can't just make a simple change and I need the holes pattern to remain so I know where to put the extrusions.

Top Tags