cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How can I create a diameter dimension in sketch mode?

AB_10071442
13-Aquamarine

How can I create a diameter dimension in sketch mode?

I learned that you can create diameter dimensions in sketch mode by clicking back and forth between the symmetry line and the line that you want your dimension on for two times. However, in my case, it does not work, I get an error message:My sketchMy sketchThe error message that I get.The error message that I get.

Does somebody maybe know what is wrong, why this situation occured or what can be done about it to avoid it? Thanks for any replies!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:AB_10071442)

Make sure you are selecting the centerline and not the reference.

Selection has to be centerline - geometry line - center line

-or-

geometry line - centerline - geometry line

you can't pick the geometry line twice and the pick the centerline or pick the centerline twice and then pick the geometry line.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

What is your version and release of Creo?

It could be a release bug.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Make sure you are selecting the centerline and not the reference.

Selection has to be centerline - geometry line - center line

-or-

geometry line - centerline - geometry line

you can't pick the geometry line twice and the pick the centerline or pick the centerline twice and then pick the geometry line.

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:StephenW)

The mouse move has indeed to go back and forth between your first and second selections to be succesful like described in the documentation: https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r9.0/usascii/#page/part_modeling/sketcher/To_Create_Diameter_Dimensions.html# 

Top Tags