cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How can I make a gear profile at the end of a plastic tube

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member

How can I make a gear profile at the end of a plastic tube

I have a plastic tube, inner diameter 19.0 mm and the wall thickness is 3 mm. I wish to make a circular gear profile. Can anyone tell me how I go about this?

I'm using Creo2.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oddly enough your request is also a simple version of the crown gear.

This is a sinusoidal sweep using "trajpar" in the sweep sketch.

You can do something similar with evalgraph().

Creo 2.0 commercial version attached.

hint: when you modify the sketch in the sweep feature, take a look at the sketch's relations.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you are looking to make gear that will envelope that tube you can use trace curve.

Here is tutorial that shows that. Its not in english but you will understand just by looking at video.

Modeliranje zupčanika na osnovu linije sprezanja - YouTube

Your talking about a crown gear at the end of the tube?

amccaffrey-2
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

My apologies guys. I gave some misleading information so I'll start again!

I have two tubes that I wish to interlock end to end using a sort of gear profile so that the two tubes will revolve as one over a rod. It doesn't have to be a proper gear profile, just a series of 'vee' shapes but the profiles will be proud on one half and inset in the other half. When assembled end to end the proud profiles of tube 1 will sit in the inset profiles of tube 2.

Oddly enough your request is also a simple version of the crown gear.

This is a sinusoidal sweep using "trajpar" in the sweep sketch.

You can do something similar with evalgraph().

Creo 2.0 commercial version attached.

hint: when you modify the sketch in the sweep feature, take a look at the sketch's relations.

Top Tags